Campbell’s Runs Toward the Health Conscious Non-GMO Dollar
Again, their future plans are almost too good to be true. They are planning to expel unhealthy ingredients, expand organic, head toward non-GMO and more transparency.
- Campbell’s will be launching several lines of organic kid’s soups, and removing MSG from all their kid’s soups. In August 2015, the company will introduce Campbell’s Organic soup for kids in three chicken noodle varieties. The soups will be non-GMO and certified Organic.
- Pepperidge Farm will be launching several organic wheat versions of their popular Goldfish Crackers. Look for organic wheat versions of regular, cheddar, and parmesan in the coming year. They still need to remove GMOs and go completely organic with the rest of their ingredients.
- Increasing organics across other food lines, and increasing the number of organic products offered by Plum.
- Removing artificial colors and flavors from nearly all of its North American products in the next three years.
- Removing high fructose corn syrup from Pepperidge Farm fresh breads over the next two years.
- Increasing the transparency of its ingredients, including a new website, What’s in My Food (http://www.whatsinmyfood.com) that tells consumers the ingredients in their foods, starting with several major products.
Heather Callaghan is an independent researcher, natural health blogger and food freedom activist. You can see her work at NaturalBlaze.com and ActivistPost.com. Like at Facebook.
The article Campell’s Runs Toward the Health Conscious Non-GMO Dollar appeared first at Natural Blaze