Independence Day 5G ICNIRP – Flying Blind, No Brakes? No Guardrails? No Seatbelts? No Health Codes? No Scrutiny? No Environmental Research?
Reprinted by permission from the blog of Dariusz Leszczynski, PHD, DSC of Finland: 5G Deployment: it is like being in the midst of the forest fire, and the fireman asks: do we need any water?
By Dariusz Leszczynski, PHD, DSC, with Patricia Burke
Wireless communication is here for already several decades. Radiation-emitting base stations are deployed throughout the environment where humans, users of wireless communication, reside.
International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection, the self-proclaimed decider of what is safe and what is not, has proclaimed the EMF non-ionizing radiation emitted by the man-made devices as safe when observing ICNIRP safety guidelines.
However, not everyone is convinced of the ICNIRP safety proclamations.
Thus far, the majority of interest was how this radiation will affect human health. ICNIRP says not at all. IARC of the WHO says it is possibly causing cancer. Industry listens to ICNIRP, because it is convenient, and trivializes IARC because it is inconvenient.
Now, that the development of the wireless communication will enter the new era of the 5th generation of wireless communication technology, the 5G, there has increased an interest in how the radiation emitted by 5G will affect other living forms, anything that is non-human. And there is plenty of it and… human life depends on what happens with the non-human living forms.
So, now, we come to the proverbial forest fire and the question of the need for water… and, we are given no water but… four (4) options… (insert here a burst of sarcastic laughter).
In June 2021, under the auspices of the European Parliament’s Panel for the Future of Science and Technology, has been published a review of science on:
…authored by Arno Thielens, Ghent University, Belgium, and peer-reviewed by Martin Vacha, Masaryk University, Czech Republic and Alain Vian, Université d’Angers, Beaucouzé, France.
For those hasty readers, the review has nothing to do with human health impact. It is all about non-human vertebrates, invertebrates, fungi and plants. All of these life forms are already to various degree exposed to radiation emitted by base stations. However, the 5G will dramatically increase density of deployed base stations and the exposure to radiation for these life forms will become more pervasive.
Do we know what is already happening and what will happen?
The simple and blunt answer is the big fat NO. We do NOT know. As seen from the above mentioned report, research is scarce, patchy and we do not know even the basics to make any predictions. Here is the conclusions quote, showing that we know nothing:
- “Dielectric heating due to RF-EMF exposure is shown in all categories studied.
- In the lower frequency range (0.45-6 GHz), the majority of the existing literature focuses on vertebrates, for which a series of potential effects are studied. Those studies that investigate RF-EMF exposure of invertebrates in the lower frequency range focus on dielectric heating, and developmental, genetic or behavioural effects. Literature on non-insect invertebrates is very limited. Studies on plant exposure in the lower frequency range, which target exposure outcomes at plant level show experimental shortcomings. The number of studies in this category is limited in comparison to those studies that focus on animals.
- In the higher frequency range (6-300 GHz) the number of peer-reviewed publications is in general lower than in the lower frequency range. For vertebrates, a series of potential exposure outcomes are studied, while the literature on invertebrates and plants above 6 GHz is very limited. More research in this field is necessary.”
We, the people of the EU, are given four options to proceed, and here is the quote:
- “Given the results of this review, four policy options were formulated.
- A first policy optioncould be to fund research on RF-EMF exposure of plants, fungi and invertebrates at frequencies below 6 GHz and to fund research on non-human vertebrates, plants, fungi and invertebrates at frequencies of between 6 and 300 GHz. These studies could form the basis for evidence-based policies regarding RF-EMF exposure of non-human organisms.
- A second policy optioncould be to call for systematic monitoring of environmental RF-EMFs, since these are the main source of exposure for non-human organisms and it is expected that this exposure will change over time.
- A third policy optioncould be a request to make information on the RF-EMF operational aspects of the telecommunication networks public. This would again be aimed at quantifying environmental RF-EMF exposure over time.
- A fourth policy optioncould be to require compliance studies for organisms other than humans when base station antennas are installed in the telecommunication network. This would prevent the excessive RF-EMF exposure of non-human organisms near such antennas.”
Now we need to start research… that we know will take several years and, meanwhile, eager telecoms and governments will already deploy 5G? Where were the governments and the European Union all the time when 5G was being developed for deployment and… European Union and every government, and every telecom company “shouted” that we know enough because ICNIRP said so… and anyone questioning ICNIRP’s opinions was vilified and ostracized?
Now is European Union waking up from the rosy sleep and limitless trust in self-proclaimed and uncontrolled by anyone NGO called ICNIRP?
A moment of scary silence is needed to comprehend the conclusions and policy options that we were given…
Let me be blunt, in the midst of deployment of the 5G, when technology is rushed into planet’s living environment, when the telecom industry is forcing governments to get regulations that will further ease 5G deployment, we suddenly (?) realize that we know nothing about 5G impact on planet’s life.
That, if fire strikes, we have no clue how to extinguish it. That we are flying blind and hoping (!) that we do not hit something.
Am I exaggerating or is here an aura of INSANITY in the air? – Dariusz Leszczynski
Regarding Safety, We Are Flying Blind, As Dariusz Notes
US Senator Blumenthal Raises Concerns on 5G Wireless Technology Health Risks at Senate Hearing
As reported by the Environmental Health Trust,
“During an exchange with wireless industry representatives, Senator Blumenthal asked them whether they have supported research on the safety of 5G technology and potential links between radiofrequency and cancer, and the industry representatives conceded they have not.
“If you go to the FDA website, there basically is a cursory and superficial citation to existing scientific data saying ‘The FDA has urged the cell phone industry to take a number of steps, including support additional research on possible biological effects of radio frequency fields for the type of signals emitted by cell phones.’ I believe that Americans deserve to know what the health effects are, not to pre-judge what scientific studies may show, and they also deserve a commitment to do the research on outstanding questions,” said Blumenthal. “So my question for you: How much money has the industry committed to supporting additional independent research—I stress independent—research? Is that independent research ongoing? Has any been completed? Where can consumers look for it? And we’re talking about research on the biological effects of this new technology.”
At the end of the exchange, Blumenthal concluded, “So there really is no research ongoing. We’re kind of flying blind here, as far as health and safety is concerned.”
Industry Acting Like “the Mafia,” or Independent Science, Which Should We Heed?
Dariusz Leszczynski, PHD, DSC is a “scientist with keen interest in molecular biology research Education: DSc Molecular Biology, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland (1983); PhD Biochemistry/Cell Biology, University of Helsinki, Finland (1990); Docent of Biochemistry, University of Helsinki, Finland (1992)
Dariusz Leszczynski PhD Wireless and Children
Lecture 2/2017, Association of Parents of Preschool Children in Reykjavik, Icelandic: Felag foreldra leikskolabarna i Reykjavik
See additional videos of Dariusz here.
Some additional ICNIRP articles by Dariusz here:
See Also: Hardell L. Health Council of the Netherlands and evaluation of the fifth generation, 5G, for wireless communication and cancer risks. World J Clin Oncol 2021; 12(6): 393-403 [PMID: 34189065 DOI: 10.5306/wjco.v12.i6.393] https://www.wjgnet.com/2218-4333/full/v12/i6/393.htm
You can read the rest of the series “Independence Day 5G” HERE
Patricia Burke works with activists across the country and internationally calling for new biologically-based microwave radio frequency exposure limits.She is based in Massachusetts and can be reached at [email protected].\