“Get Your Flu Shot or You’re Gonna Die!” – As the Hysteria Campaign Gears Up, Here Are Some Amazing NATURAL Flu Remedies and Preventatives
By Meadow Clark
The scary public relations campaigns pushing Americans to get seasonal flu shots have reached a hysterical fever pitch. Flu and flu-like illnesses include these symptoms lasting up to two weeks: fever with chills, severe body aches, sore throat, deep hacking cough, runny nose, and severe fatigue.
Should you run out and get a flu shot “just in case?” Or is there a perfect combo of natural flu remedies and preventatives waiting just for you?
If you are afraid of the latest flu death stats, we’ve got some tempered news for you – and some ways you can protect yourself and your family from sickness this year.
Widget not in any sidebars
Fear is a powerful force that drives people in droves to let strangers who don’t actually care, inject thimerosal (a form of mercury) into their blood. Not to mention, the aluminum, egg, human cells, animal DNA and preservatives like MSG and spermicides like Octoxynol 10 (Triton X-100).
If you don’t like the idea of lining up for a jab with ingredients like that getting past your blood-brain barrier, then be on extra guard during the propaganda barrage. Some Big Pharma brain-washing tactics include lying about death stats, lying about real flu cases versus flu-like illnesses, repetition, emotional trolling and language manipulation…
I’m not minimizing the severity of the flu, but I believe there are better ways to give your immune system a better chance.
And here’s why it’s okay to be a little “OCD” about hygiene in today’s world…
Have you noticed that people simply don’t take much care to be hygienic these days? Do you ever go into a public restroom and think… “what the heck kind of bioweapons bomb went off in here??”
What happened? Are people ruder now? Were they not taught manners? Are they more apathetic?
The vaccine Pharma onslaught has conditioned sheeple to abdicate all their health responsibility. Oh well, I got my vaccine…I’ll just leave a mess behind on the toilet seat and not wash my hands. I’ll sneeze on everyone in the airplane. I’ll cough with my mouth agape while I walk down this grocery aisle even though I should be at home.
So forgive me if I run to the opposite end of the spectrum. I’m overly cautious. It’s actually a mental block that I cannot control. Believe me when I say I mean no disrespect to others struggling with obsessive-compulsive disorder – I count myself among them. Maybe on the mild end of the spectrum but still a significant part of my life, nonetheless. OCD may be a strange way to deal with the world, but it has taught me the value of life, responsibility, safety, and cleanliness.
I don’t care when people make fun of me for doing the following and I recommend you join me:
- I do not touch railings of any kind
- I do not grab the door handle when leaving a public bathroom – I use the paper towel I used to dry my hands and toss it in the garbage on my way out the door
- I wash my hands after everything – using the bathroom, handling change, using my laptop, touching anything in public…
- I have an ethanol alcohol-based hand-sanitizer – bonus points if it has an essential oil combo in it. Ethanol is essentially like vodka and the safest type of alcohol for personal care
- I use straws! They are more hygienic since restaurant staff have to grab cups and plates. Staffers are likely to be pushed into coming into work while sick. If that happens I politely leave. I once witnessed a waiter who was hurling in the bathroom in between taking plates to the table…
- At a restaurant, I use a napkin to pick up salt, ketchup, etc.
- I keep my sleeves rolled up and wash hoodie jackets regularly
- I’m not above using bleach or antibacterial wipes – I use these things sparingly when there is sickness…
- I avoid crowded places in fall/winter. Normally, I wouldn’t do this, but I have literally been coughed on and sneezed at more times than I can count
I don’t mind seeming a little persnickety if other folks lack common courtesy. I have not had a real flu since 2008. To me, it’s much more disheartening to see people treating themselves and each other in a haphazard way because of the “vaccine-I’ll-just-go-to-the-doctor-and-pop-this-pill” mindset.
My prevention methods may sound fearful but they make me feel more secure since, hand railings, for instance, are hotbeds for flu germs and none of us can control what other people do.
For more prevention ideas, see: 30 Ways to Reduce Your Risk of Catching the Flu
Flu Preventatives and Remedies
You probably have some of the ingredients for these treatments on hand already. And if you don’t, they’re all excellent additions to your prepper’s medical kit.
- Elderberry Syrup – start using this right now. You may feel a little pep the next day because that’s how powerful of an immune booster this beautiful berry is. It really is Nature’s Flu Shot – as in, put this in a shot glass and enjoy!
- Hydrogen Peroxide in the ear – This is a nurse’s trick. I don’t know why it works but it does. With an ear syringe, take up half-hydrogen peroxide (no stronger than 3%) and half pure water. Gently place in the ear and leave it till the foaming stops. I have prevented many acute illnesses this way. Never use peroxide undiluted.
- Fire Cider – You just gotta’ try it to believe it.
- Colloidal Silver – Don’t depend on colloidal silver to prevent stomach flu. But it is said to boost the immune system and I believe it shortens the duration of colds and flu. You can take for maintenance before the flu strikes. Sovereign Silver is great for maintenance, prevention, and acute problems.
- Vitamin C – Did you know that during acute illnesses you can take as much vitamin C as needed and stop when you start getting loose stools? Yes, some people have taken up to 25,000mg before they get to that point. And it shortens colds and flu. Vitamin C deficiency is still a problem today. We get just barely enough from our diet to prevent scurvy, but bleeding gums are now thought to be an early symptom of scurvy.
- Zinc – Zinc is another flu-fighter that we seem to be deficient in. Combined with the other remedies it is a powerful anti-viral force. Ionic zinc is a great choice – have a little food in your stomach first.
- Ancient Essential Oil Combo – This essential oil combo includes clove oil, lemon oil, cinnamon bark oil, eucalyptus radiata oil, rosemary oil. It is rumored to have prevented Bubonic Plague in the Dark Ages. I have used this to help prevent flu for 10 years now.
- Licorice Tea – Licorice is a powerful anti-viral and is great for replenishing exhausted adrenals. Drink it anytime!
- Raw Honey – Try some manuka honey or just raw honey anytime you want a pick-me-up. Use it in your teas or remedies. Don’t believe any nonsense that it’s a sugar and therefore, you should avoid it. This is a powerful remedy used for millennia. If it was good enough for kings, queens, and pharaohs, then you should have the right to enjoy this remedy, too! Manuka honey so powerful, that it kills anything scientists throw at it in, including MRSA.
- Ginger tea – How to make it.
- Eucalyptus Shower Bombs – Nothing quite so soothing! Easy and affordable to make – these make great stocking stuffers, too.
Don’t overlook homeopathic flu treatments!
Oscillococcinum Homeopathic Medicine – Homeopathy to the rescue! It sounds incredible, but homeopathy has never let me down. It’s a big part of my health regime. I take a variety of homeopathics at the first sign of food poisoning, joint pain, gas, monthly moodiness, spider bites, work exhaustion, allergies and more.
Homeopathy works on the principle of “like cures like.” A little bit of a substance that causes the same symptoms of food poisoning for instance, is placed in water and diluted and succussed – that means rigorously shaken. Imagine paint mixers – that’s the kind of shaking we are talking about. Then some of that water is placed into another vessel of water and this process of dilution and succussing repeats until the end product is energetically powerful. Succussion is also known as potentization. You will see different potencies on homeopathics like 6x or 30c.
But no part of the original substance is left at all in the end product. The FDA wants you to believe that homeopathics are both worthless and dangerous – but both of those things can’t be true. Maybe the FDA targets homeopathics because people swear by them so much.
Oscillococcinum is the best known homeopathic combo for preventing and shortening flu-like symptoms.
The best part is that you can snag one of these boxes right from your local pharmacy chain. Walgreens has them for sure. They look like this:
If the flu comes your way be sure to take care of yourself in the usual way with plenty of hydration. I want to leave you with one last remedy: drink hot water with lemon and honey.
It may not seem like much but when you feel like a ghost, this simple drink will bring you back to life!
How do you prevent and treat the flu?
How do you deal with the flu in your house? What’s your favorite flu remedy or flu prevention technique? Let us know in the comments below!
You can read more from Meadow Clark at The Organic Prepper.