The Flu, The Media and Promoting Fear
I had a patient this week distraught and freaking out over making sure that she and her family didn’t get the flu that was going around. People have been dying and the mainstream media has been projecting this all over the news. I told her what she was putting into this whole scenario was just lots and lots of fear. Since she has done a lot of emotion releasing and healing with me, I suggested that she let go of the fear and then see what happens. She instantly saw this and calmed down.
How many people are living in fear over getting or having the flu this year?
Can fear weaken the immune system to the point that the body can “catch” the flu?
Do we really “catch” the flu from others?
I have had about 10 patients this past week come in with the flu, vehemently instructing me not to get close to them. I always tell them, “I’m not going to get the flu”, and then I will greet them with a warm hug. So far, I have not gotten the flu. Of course, I cannot say that I won’t get it, but it is not likely for the reasons I mention below.
I have a couple of thoughts that are not in alignment with commonly held beliefs about the flu.
- You don’t catch anything from anyone. This completely flies in the face of Western medicine. Germ theory promotes this and has made the pharmaceutical companies billions if not trillions of dollars. “The germ is nothing, the terrain is everything” is what I have learned in practice is more helpful. Detoxifying from metals and chemicals, cleansing the body and strengthening the immune system will go a long way in making sure someone stays healthy.
- When you are around someone with the flu, pay attention to how you react emotionally to them. Do you not shake their hand, avoid them or cover your face with a mask? People often say, “Don’t get close to me!”, and respond to those with the flu with fear. Fear is one of the most draining emotions on the immune system.
- When you watch the television, the one emotion that can control people more than any other is fear. The mainstream media controls the masses with fear. I personally don’t get the flu shot, but I am sure in the last week that lots of money has been earned by dishing out flu shots. Doesn’t it make more sense to strengthen the immune system rather than just giving it one more thing to react to?
- A certain number of people never get the flu during flu season. We should be studying these people! We should be discovering what the factors are that contribute to people being healthy rather than focusing on fear, flu shots and tamiflu. We should be doing very detailed studies on the people that typically don’t get sick during flu season. My guess is that they are people who have a truly healthy lifestyle, eat good food, are generally happy, live with minimal stress or know how to handle stress, exercise, and have strong immune systems.
- The people who are dying most likely (although I can’t say for certain) have very compromised immune systems, eat horrible toxic GMO conventional foods and consume small to no amounts of vegetables. Avoiding wheat, dairy, sugar, fried foods, alcohol, soy, corn and eating an abundance of organic vegetables can go a long way in preventing the flu.
- If you have a plan on what to do and take some precautions during flu season, your chances of getting the flu reduce significantly. Many foods and herbs are very protective against viruses and bacteria. Consult with a holistic practitioner to set up a plan for strengthening your immune system.
- If you do get the beginning of the flu, I have found that mega doses of vitamin c can shorten the severity and duration of symptoms by 60-90%. The one time in the last 8 years I got the flu, I consumed over 100,000 milligrams of vitamin c per day for a couple days without reaching bowel tolerance (smelly gas or loose stools). This told me that my body was using it all up. I took at least 5,000 mgs every hour with food during waking hours. Vitamin C is totally safe with virtually no side effects. I use a buffered form of vitamin C from NOW called C Complex powder. Otherwise, on a regular daily basis I usually have a tablespoon of Organic Camu Camu powder from Terrasoul.
If we know what to do in order to have a strong immune system, avoid toxic food, eat lots of vegetables and fruits, exercise, meditate or practice emotional releasing and use mega amounts of vitamin C when we do get the flu, we should have virtually nothing to worry about.
Don’t let fear control you or what you do with your health. Love heals and keeps you strong, fear does not. If you would like to explore what having a more powerful immune system would look like or if you really want to cleanse from heavy metals and chemicals, we can set up a plan to ensure that you are as healthy as possible all year round. Call Dr. Scott at 407-255-0314 to set up a phone appointment today.
Article contributed to Natural Blaze by guest author with permission.
Dr. Scott Graves ND, MA is a Florida-based Naturopath and Intuitive who specializes in Nutrition Response Testing, NAET, EFT, and Psychokinesiology. He offers free 15 minute phone consultations and is available for radio and TV interviews. Read his Blog and hear his PODCAST here. Like him on Facebook.