Why Your Thyroid Needs Selenium and How To Get It
Without selenium, your thyroid doesn’t work right. Fortunately, we’re here to help…
In particular, your thyroid needs selenium to work. Most Americans get enough, according to the recommended daily allowance of 55 mcg, as the average American gets somewhere around 125 mcg.
Somewhere between 150 and 200 mcg can actually help prevent cancer.
Editor’s note: Most people think think they must take lots of iodine for their thyroid but in actuality – we get iodine in the American diet. If you eschew the standard American diet you’re in better luck – especially if you consume Pink Himalayan Salt which provides DAYS’ worth of iodine in just a teaspoon! Truthfully – it is selenium that we need for the conversion of thyroid hormones and better hair growth. I take half a cap of this ionic selenium with amazing results with my energy and hair.
Check these helpful recipes:
Super Selenium Serum
- 16 Brazil nuts, skin on
- ½ cup water
- Blend until thick and creamy.
- Pour into ½ cup container.
- Scoop out 1-2 Tablespoon portions and add to juices or smoothies! This neutral flavor will pair with everything!
Super Selenium Shot
- 2 Tablespoons Super Selenium Serum
- 1 small banana or ½ avocado or ½ cup mango or ½ cup coconut meat
- dash of vanilla powder or extract
- slice of fresh ginger or ¼ tsp powdered ginger (adds a trace amount of selenium)
- Blend until creamy and enjoy.
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don’t forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article via Nb is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!