Raw Cheesecake: Jaffa
By Shay Vawda
This raw cheesecake is vegan, gluten free and refine sugar-free. It also goes perfectly with a refreshingly clean cold brew coffee.
- 2 cups Almonds
- 1/4 cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted Coconut Oil
- 2 cups cashews (soaked in water for 4 hours rinsed and drained)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 1 tablespoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 5-7 large oranges)
- Zest 1 orange
- 1/2 cup coconut water (optional)
- 7.4 oz or 210 grams cacao butter melted
- Line a square tin bottom and sides with baking paper making sure the paper comes up over the sides for easier removal.
- Alternatively, use a square spring form tin.
- Process the almonds together into a fine crumb.
- Add in the cacao powder, maple and coconut oil and process until the mixture sticks together when pressed between fingers.
- Press firmly into the bottom of the tin.
- Set aside while you make the filling.
- Melt the cacao butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Watch carefully as it happens quickly.
- Turn of the heat and set aside.
- Blend all other ingredients together until smooth (use the coconut water if the mixture isn’t blending well).
- Stir in the melted cacao butter until fully incorporated.
- Give it another quick blend to make sure.
- Pour in the tin.
- Tap down and smooth with a plate knife to get rid of as many bubbles as possible.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Carefully remove from the tin and slice into desired pieces.
- If the mixture is difficult to remove sit in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with dry orange pieces dipped in dark chocolate.
- Keep Refrigerated at all times.
- Freeze leftovers.