Fall Chili Bean Soup – Vegetarian
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 15 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilies
- 15 oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 cups water
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
In a medium saucepan combine all ingredients with water, except for cilantro and sour cream.
Bring to a boil and simmer gently for 1 hour, until broth is creamy and beans are tender.
Remove from heat and add cilantro and sour cream.
Total cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes