5 Ways To Naturally Boost Your Weight Loss Efforts
by Dr. Richard Foxx
We’ve all seen the commercials—take this one weight loss pill and poof! No more jiggle. While many of us might wish it were true, it’s hard to think that taking one pill to kick the weight could be healthy for you. We all want to make it to our end-goal, but it’s always better to lose the weight in a more natural way. That’s not to say that there are no legitimate, healthy weight loss products to complement your natural weight loss program.
If you’re looking for natural weight loss products, there are a number on the market that will boost your metabolism and help you shed some pounds when combined with a healthy diet and a little exercise.
Starting at age 25, our metabolism starts to drop at a rate of five to 10% per decade. While exercise, especially weight training, is an excellent way to keep your metabolism fired up and maintain lean muscle mass, there are also a number of natural weight loss supplements you can add to your weight loss and fitness routine that supercharge your metabolism—just for a little extra boost.
Here are our top-five weight loss supplements to consider if you’re looking for a little extra help.
1. BCAA Powder: BCAA (branched chain amino acids) powder has long been used by endurance athletes and bodybuilders to reduce the breakdown of muscles. Maintaining lean muscle mass ensures that your metabolism will remain constant. When using BCAA powder, it’s best to take it with food 30–60 minutes before and after an intense workout.
2. Sage Leaf Tea: Surprisingly, relaxing with a cup of tea in the morning may give your metabolism the little boost it needs. Sage leaf tea is known for its ability to regulate blood sugar and metabolism, while also potentially preventing type 2 diabetes.
3. White Bean Extract: This natural weight loss supplement is a triple threat; it prevents sugar from being stored as fat, keeps carbs from being absorbed by the body, and it is also an appetite suppressant. If you slip up and eat sugary food, white bean extract will slow the absorption of sugar into your body.
4. Acacia Fiber Powder: This powder promotes regularity. It’s also an excellent prebiotic that promotes healthy gut flora, which leads to healthy digestion and weight loss. This weight loss supplement is an easy addition to any morning smoothie.
5. Hawthorn Berry Supplement: Native to Europe, berries from the Hawthorn tree have been used in herbal medicine for a long time. Hawthorn berry supplements are an excellent way to get rid of excess weight from water. They also contain antioxidant flavanoids that encourage healthy blood flow and blood pressure.
One other natural weight loss supplement is dandelion tea, which increases the amount of urine your body produces while also boosting your immune system.
Using these natural weight loss supplements in combination with a regular exercise routine, including weights and cardio, and a healthy, well-rounded diet can help you to reach your healthy weight loss goals.
Sources for Today’s Article:
- “Dr. Oz: Metabolism boosters and diuretics that super-charge weight loss,” Examiner.com, April 28, 2014; http://www.examiner.com/article/dr-oz-discusses-natural-metabolism-boosters-and-iron-deficiency.
- “The Importance of BCAA’s!” Bodybuilding.com; http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bcaa2.htm, last accessed May 9, 2014.
- Chew, N., “What Are the Health Benefits of Sage Tea?” Healthline.com, November 4, 2013; http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bcaa2.htm.
This article “5 Ways To Naturally Boost Your Weight Loss Efforts” was originally published on DoctorsHealthPress, visit their site to access their vast database of articles and the latest information in natural health.
Richard M. Foxx, MD has decades of medical experience with a comprehensive background in endocrinology, aesthetic and laser medicine, gynecology, and sports medicine. He has extensive experience with professional athletes, including several Olympic competitors. Dr. Foxx practices aesthetic and laser medicine, integrative medicine, and anti-aging medicine. He is the founder and Medical Director of the Medical and Skin Spa located in Indian Wells, California, at the Hyatt Regency Resort. Dr. Foxx is certified by the National Board of Medical Examiners and is a member of the American Academy of Anti-aging Medicine, the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine, the International Academy of Cosmetic Dermatology, and a Diplomat of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.