Make Your Own Healthy Soda Pop
[From Natural Blaze]: Have you ever craved soda pop but just can’t bring yourself to drink what’s typically at stores or restaurants?
High-fructose corn syrup, aspartame (a toxin that kills brain cells), synthetic phosphoric acid, caramel coloring (a carcinogen) – the list goes on.
Then there are healthy alternatives that break the bank and still offer no nutrition. They are just less damaging substitutes, that are expensive.
Finally, here is healthy recipe that anyone can use to make soda pop at home – save money and forget toxins.
John uses a Sodastream, but not everyone has one. You can use this recipe for seltzer or sparkling mineral water and alter for an 8 oz glass of homemade soda pop.
1.5 cups organic frozen strawberries
1 liter seltzer, club soda, or mineral water (for those who don’t have a soda maker)
- Place all ingredients except water in a pot.
- Bring to boil reduce to simmer stir occasionally cook for 20 minutes.
- Strain syrup.
- Chill water
- Add syrup slowly at an angle to carbonated water and spin. Don’t shake.
Without Sodastream, for 8oz glass of soda pop:
- Add ice to glass
- Pour club soda, seltzer or sparkling mineral water
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of homemade syrup. Gently stir.
John’s finished beverage: