15 Ways to Activate Your Internal Deodorant
Different types of body odor come from the inside, why not battle them there instead of external masking? Commercial fragrances are endocrine-disruptors and the beauty industry uses our insecurity to reinforce the idea that we stink!
What goes in must go out – if toxic food and environmental ingredients can’t be assimilated and eliminated, where do they go? Eventually pushed through the skin in a variety of unpleasant ways, if our other systems are congested.
People are starting to realize, too, that B.O. and halitosis arise from bowel health. Even Jesus said (spiritually speaking), “…cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.”
Try incorporating these low-cost ways to not worry about body odor anymore.
1. Chlorophyll – a natural odor neutralizer, works in the blood and colon. Helps with all types of odor and rumored to help hunters mask scent from prey.
4. Probiotics – Yogurt, Kefir, raw milk – multiple strains of probiotics keep bad gut bacteria in check, helps regularity. The first three have zinc, too, but if dairy upsets your stomach and you don’t want it on your breath, try these types of probiotics: apple cider vinegar, kombucha, fermented foods.
5. Cilantro – powerful superfood that pulls heavy metals and other things from inside. Also has that chlorophyll.
6. Bentonite clay and activated charcoal – also great chelators, these will pull mucous and other debris from the intestines before it gets really stuck to the walls. Activated charcoal also carries away gas.
7. Vitamin B complex/Magnesium – these seem perfectly happy together fighting odor and strengthening skin against odor changes.
8. Loose Leaf Teas and other detoxes – cleansing, some chlorophyll action, and tons of anti-oxidants.
9. Water – lots of pure water to flush out liver-colon-kidney toxins, aids digestion. Add real lemon. Gotta make things move and eliminate from the original intended organs. Don’t want to go septic.
11. Eating garlic and onion long-term – A totally counter-intuitive move, but garlic and onion have antibacterial qualities and cleanse the blood. Just avoid within a day or two of a date! The odor makes its way through the body and out the lungs. Parsley counteracts it and has internal deodorant qualities.
In Catherine Frompovich’s new book, A Cancer Answer, she says that people who consume a lot of meat products tend to struggle more with body odor and recommends a swab with hydrogen peroxide under the arms.
Have you ever tried to look for a natural antiperspirant in the health food stores? You might not find such a product because the very act of plugging sweat in the underarms is – unnatural. The main sweat-blocker in antiperspirants is derived from aluminum, infamously linked to Alzheimer’s. Why do staple consumer products veer on the side of toxic heavy metals – especially in such an absorbent area of the body? Thankfully, the internal deodorants above also aid in metal detox.
Best of all, a Naturopath can help you find the cause whether it’s an internal imbalance or body chemistry. A homeopathic remedy suited for you could be the very thing to end body odor forever.
Instead of spending tons on grooming products that contain carcinogens and fragrance (which in-and-of-itself can contain up to 1,000 chemical ingredients), avoid the cost and headache and feel clean from the inside out.
Read Other Articles by Heather Callaghan