Recipe: Organic Beef and Bean Taco Casserole
Simple. Easy to make. Delicious.
This organic beef and bean taco casserole is a favorite that can be made quickly and easily. It serves approx. 5-6 people. Prep time is 20 minutes and actual time from start to finish is 50 minutes.
Ingredients are organic unless otherwise noted.
- 1 pound lean ground beef hormone free, grass feed, pasture raised)
- 1 can vegetarian refried beans
- 1 jar (16 ounce ) chunky salsa
- 1 package (1 ounce) taco seasoning mix (I couldn’t find this item organic, but made sure it didn’t contain MSG)
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely broken tortilla chips ( I used blue corn)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 can of organic sweet corn
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Monteray Jack cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- 1 cup shredded organic romaine lettuce
1. Heat oven to 350 degree. In large skillet, cook beef over medium- high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked. Drain. Stir in refried beans, salsa, and taco seasoning mix. Reduce heat to medium. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
2. In ungreased 2-quart casserole, place 2 cups of the broken tortilla chips. Top evenly with beef mixture. Sprinkle with bell pepper, onions, 1 cup of the tomato, the cheese, and olives.
3. Bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted. Top baked casserole with lettuce, remaining 1/2 cup tomato, and remaining 1/2 cup tortilla chips.
4. Enjoy this organic beef and bean taco casserole.
Dr. Scott Graves ND, MA is a Florida-based Naturopath and Intuitive who specializes in Nutrition Response Testing, NAET, EFT, and Psychokinesiology. He offers free 15 minute phone consultations and is available for radio and TV interviews.